First Prep for Solo Game

For the Goodwill Tour, I rolled up randomly nearly every planet in the Foreven sector. I left untouched the few canonical worlds, but everything else was random with one exception.

A campaign idea revolves around the planet Tavisol, which I purposely designed and also wanted a bit of distance from other system. Reasons.

The rest, though, I went random. I was toying with a few ideas for running my solo game, and I kept to the area around Tavisol. I had not fleshed out any of the systems beyond the basic rolls, and the few multi system polities I left ready to be discovered. Hence, the People’s Supremacy seemed like a potentially interesting setting. A totalitarian state with a charismatic oligarchy centered on Klebe (C246ACD-D). I’ve started to flesh out this government, which I’ll share in the near future.

I also determined to set my solo game in Carcharoth (C630776-B), a captive government under the thumb of the People’s Supremacy. My solo game will focus on a band of rebels. I’m going to use the mercenary rules coming out in the latest Mercenary boxed set on Kickstarter. I’ll make up my rules as necessary if the early views of the rules aren’t available yet. I suspect I will also use a number of rules from the Pirates of Drinax, particularly around reputation and factions. Will my group of rebels rise up in reputation, influence, and power to help Carcharoth achieve liberation?

I will also be using Mythic and Gamemaster’s Apprentice: Sci-Fi to power the game beyond the core Traveller rules. I’ll rely on Mythic for the scene set up, Chaos factor, and Yes/No questions. Gamemaster’s Apprentice will provide event details, NPC details, and other flavor and info (I like the tag symbols). I’m sure I’ll have additional references (Üne perhaps? Or my adaptation of Twilight: 2000 card deck system for NPC motivations).

Anyway, I’ll post more about the People’s Supremacy, Carcharoth, and the characters in the coming days.

NPC MOTIVATIONS

The below is my adaptation of Twilight: 2000’s motivations. That game used a deck of cards. This version is included in Two Brothers Gaming Shards of a Shattered Moon RPG (currently in beta).

Need some inspiration in generating NPC motivations? Use the following tables to help. Roll the set twice. The first set of results are the primary motivation. The second set of results are the secondary motivation.

Roll 1D8 to determine motivation group:

Roll 2D8 for a more specific motivation in that group.

VIOLENCEThese NPCs are dominated with violence, using force more often than the normal person.

GREED
These NPCs are dominated by greed, seeking wealth—however defined—more than the normal person.

SOCIAL
These NPCs are dominated by social interaction.
AMBITION
These NPCs are ambitious and their actions are centered around that.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1, Part 15: Krenshawz

Solo Traveller Setting Part 1: Klebe and the People’s Supremacy

Solo Traveller Setting Part 2: Carcharoth and the Resistance