First System

I have rolled up my first system, which I will reveal soon. As I was doing it, I also found a way to conduct a solo campaign. Hence, I will be generating a character and have them embark on this campaign, revealing the Foreven sector through his eyes.

One of the fun things I've always enjoyed about Traveller is the character generation system. From the beginning, Traveller character creation has been based on die rolls and decisions around careers--you have no starting pool of experience points to spend as you want. Instead, you start with your character at age 18--ready for college, a military academy, or jumping into his or her career. You roll to see if you get entrance, if you graduate, if you're promoted, if you avoid serious injury, etc.

When I create my character, I'll provide his career background.

In Classic Traveller and MegaTraveller, your character could die during creation. This has been softened (even in Classic Traveller, optional rules were stated) in later editions, but nonetheless, the meme of "You haven't lived until you've died during character creation" is an apt one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1, Part 15: Krenshawz

Solo Traveller Setting Part 1: Klebe and the People’s Supremacy

Solo Traveller Setting Part 2: Carcharoth and the Resistance